We are the Pacific Northwest Ski Association Masters Division.
Let the season begin! With over 130″ expected on Mt. Rainier this weekend, The 2015-2016 season will be starting soon. December 19, 20, 21 Russ Read at Mt Bachelor (GS/GS/SG). This is a combined race with the Juniors.
Here are some Masters Updates to review:
Cocktail Party! Friday, November 13th at the Washington Athletic Club from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm.
$30.00 at the door or pre-register at: email@example.com . This is a fun event put together by Peter Christian. Thank you Peter!
Streif – One Hell Of A Ride
Seattle Exclusive Showing of the most anticipated ski movie of the year. Hosted by Kyle Watson
Thursday, December 10at 6:00pm – 9:30pm
North Bend Theatre
125 Bendigo Blvd N, North Bend, Washington 98045
Facebook Event Page
We are all still alive and kicking! ( as of an obituary check this morning…)
– USSA Masters Competition Guide is updated
– 2015-2016 Masters race schedule is updated
– 2015-2016 National Speed Series race schedule is updated
– www. skiracereg.com updated for PNSA 2015-2016
– Weekly and Bi-weekly FB updates
– www.PNSAMASTERS.org redesigned and updated with opening page listing the 2015-2016 race schedule
– PNSA July Convention in Hood River – Ann and Rob attended
-PNSA Athletic Competition Committee (Oct) – Report submitted to ACC chairman
– complete www.PNSAMASTERS.org update
– began transfer of data to PNSA.org “masters” section of website
– review 501(c)3 status options
– increasing Masters participation ( coaches, parents of junior racers, recreational skiers)
– Masters can get a daily temporary competition license for $15.00/day
– USSA Coaches can earn 1/4pt per race/ per year toward continuing education requirements. 1/2 point over two years
– Coaches can race Masters events under USSA Coaching license
– Masters have a 1 year grace period to comply with FIS helmet requirements (if your fore-running a race that requires FIS helmets for a competitor, you need one also).
– 46 Masters attended a race camp in Chili, 42 Masters raced in the South American Masters Cup
– several National Committee conference calls completed. Next one Nov. 2nd.
– large effort focused on recruitment and retention of membership. We ask all members to invite someone to training or an event. Be a mentor as it is our future!
– developing new National SL Shootout for 2016-2017. We need a sponsor in the $2000-$3000 range. Similar format to the National Speed series.
– event press release developed and standardized for all divisions. PNSA program directors, head coaches, etc., should look at this easy to use format for their clubs. Contact Rob Cravens for pdf.
PNSA Masters Coordinators:
-Race/Event Schedules -Knut Oberg
-Bibs and Temp. Memberships – Carolyn Phillips
-Facebook (PNSA Masters) – Karen Killian
-New Members/PNSA logo gear – Peter Christian
-Ski Race Reg – Ann Ozuna
-Website design/webmaster – Luke Keenan
-Member at Large – Jim Doudna
-Awards and Après – Please step up!!!!!! Your chance at fame!
-PNSA Masters division chair – Rob Cravens
Please thank the members above, each contributes a vital portion of our clubs’ leadership. We are in need for someone to step-up and lead the Awards and Après programs.
Contact Rob with questions or for more information.
Ten seconds . . . . 5, 4, 3, 2,